Login

Dramatic increase in need for senior van

WINSTED — The Winsted Senior Center has purchased a new van, with help from a grant from the Department of Transportation.

The state paid for 80 percent of the $55,000 purchase price of the new Ford TranStar van; the town paid the remaining 20 percent.

Winsted Senior Center Director Jennifer Kelley said that the two vans the center owns are no longer reliable.  

“We needed something we could depend on,” she said.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.