Login

Community comes to aid of fire victims

The house of Marsha Lawton and Bill McCarthy at 16 Chapin Road burned down in a fire on Wednesday, Jan. 29. Photo by Jan Brassem

COLEBROOK — Residents are coming to the aid of Marsha Lawton and Bill McCarthy, who lost their house at 16 Chapin Road in a fire on Wednesday, Jan. 29.

Lawton and McCarthy, along with their dog, escaped without injury. However, their house is a total loss after the fire, which was determined to have been caused by an electrical problem.

Both Lawton and McCarthy escaped with nothing else but the clothes they were wearing, along with their coats and boots.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.