Login

Resident dies from generator fumes

asherp@lakevillejournal.com

SHARON — Sharon resident Richard Rothschild was found dead in the early morning hours of Nov. 1, the day after the massive snowstorm that took out power for most of the Tri-state region. The 85-year-old artist was discovered after a neighbor came to check on him, found him and telephoned police.

State police said the generator supplying power to his home was properly vented, but a broken muffler allowed carbon monoxide gas to fill the house.

Full text available to premium subscribers only. Log in or Create an account.

Once you've created an account, you will be given a free 30-day subscription to the site where you can view all content unrestricted. After 30 days, you can extend your account by purchasing a subscription.

If you are already a print subscriber, click here to give us your contact information, and we will confirm your active subscription and give you a password to access the website.